• Faithful to my Homeland, the Republic of Poland



  • To register (transcribe) a foreign birth certificate ,file the following documents to the Consul in the appropriate registrar’s office:

    1. an application with a request for the registration
    2. an original full copy of the birth certificate (long form) issued by the appropriate local registrar's office in Scotland,
    3. a translation of the document made by a sworn translator in Poland or by a Consul. The fee for this is £24. If the translation was done by a local translator in the United Kingdomit has to be verified by the Consul. The consular fee is £24.
    4. an identity document – passport, ID card
    5. In the case of a minor, an abridged Polish marriage certificate of his or her parents. A foreign certificate should be registered in the Polish Registry Office. If the parents of a minor are not married, their birth certificates should be submitted. If one of the parents is not a Polish citizen, his or her birth certificate also needs to be translated into Polish)
    6. The identity documents of the parents (in the case of a minor)– passports/ ID cards

    The above listed  certificates and translations will not be returned. After registering the birth certificate, the Consul will deliver the Polish civil registration document to the applicant together with her or her decision about recording it in the Polish register.

    Consular fees for the transcript of the birth certificate

    A fee of £40 is charged for the preparation of the documentation in regard to the registration (transcript), delivering a copy of the Polish civil registration certificate and for the preparation and certification of the translation by a Consul.



    Civil registration documents from third countries

    Registration documents issued by third countries can be done only by Polish Consul in the country where certificate was issued or directly in registry office in Poland.

    If the civil registration document was issued by a country that is a signatory to the Hague Convention of 5 October 1961 (Dz.U. from 2005, No. 112, item 938), there is no requirement to legalise foreign official documents.
    In place of legalisation, the Convention introduces a single certificate called an "Apostille", which is attached to the document or placed inside the document itself.

    The certificates are issued by appropriate national offices in each member state of the Convention: A list of the offices can be found on this page:
    Additional information can be found on the pages of Polish foreign offices.
    A list is available on this page:

    If the certificate was issued by a country that is not a signatory to the Hague Convention, you should contact a consular office of that country to obtain a consular legalisation.


    Print Print Share: